Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turning 40

The day I had imagined in my mind to be the day the wrinkles pop out on my face and the grey hair to sprout from unimaginable places has finally arrived.  Officially I am now a member of the 40 and older club.  Yes, the event occurred on Thanksgiving Day which means that the majority of my family completely forgots my birthday.  Instead I get many "Happy Thanksgivings".  My father, of course to remind me that today was my birthday, calls me at 8:00 in the morning.  I am a late sleeper, yes he woke me up.  I was thankful he did not sing! 

Yesterday, my loving husband took me to see a girlie movie "Breaking Dawn" and out to eat.  We finished off the day with a ride in the country.  I had a wonderful time and would not trade it for anything.

On Thanksgiving you are to be thankful for something, I could say family and friends but I am thankful for them everyday.  The thing I am most thankful for is that I have been given 40 years of life and have been able to watch my children grow to the ages of 9 and 6.  My mother passed at 25 leaving a 4 year old and a newborn.  I pray that God would allow me to live to see my childrens children.  Something my mother was not able to do.

So I am giving thanks today for LIFE and LIVING the life that God has given me.